How To Choose The Best Drone For GoPro in 2019? – Top Picks
Are you planning on taking breathtaking videos and photos for your party or an upcoming event? Well, you need to purchase on these best drone for GoPro. The GoPro is the leader of the action camera pack that can withstand risky situations due to its waterproof feature.
Ideally, you want to be able to have full control of the camera via the gimbal and get flawless videos with no extra equipment. Majority of the best drone for GoPro have a rear touch screen, GPS and voice control which means you get incredible photos and videos.
Looking for a drone designed with the intent of GoPro in mind is essential as it enables you to enjoy taking videos and photos.
Here we will look at the 5 best drones for GoPro.
At a glance, what are the key features of these drone for photography?
What are the features and the review of these best drones for GoPro?
The Go Pro camera is specifically designed to house the drone well. This increases stabilization and usability. The drone has a gimbal at the end which helps to create smooth images. The grip gives you full control of the GoPro which is the hugest asset of taking videos while moving.
- The karma captures amazing smooth GoPro footage in the air when handheld or in the air.
- The Karma drone is foldable and fits into the included light weight case. You are able to take it everywhere. When you are ready to fly, just unfold attach the propellers and go.
- The karma stabilizer captures breathtaking shake free video both in the air and on the ground.
- Remove the karma stabilizer and attach it to karma grip for ultra-steady professional looking handheld shots.
- The karma grip works with GoPro mounts, and includes the built in shoulder mount on the karma case to deliver ultra-steady body mounted footage.
- It is easy to fly. First timer can get in the air with the automatic one button takeoff and landing.
- The karma can be handheld or mounted. The karma grips can be used with the GoPro body mounts. It also has the karma case and optional seeker sport pack.
- Great purchase
- Works well.
- Good for first timers.
- Very light.
- Not durable.
The Phantom 2 quad copter is one of the best drone for photography. The drone brings all the features you love from the original phantom but with 2 times flight time.
The drone supports the native support for the ZenMuse H3-3D Gimbal included in the special bundle. It has self-tightening propellers and large intelligent battery that lasts for 20-25 minutes
It has a fast setup and easy to control layout so that you make professional quality aerial videos in minutes.
- The Zen Muse H3-3D axis gimbal is included in this bundle for extreme camera stability and silky smooth video recording.
- It is a complete quad copter and remote transmitter which is pore tuned by the factory.
- It has attitude and GPS flight modes.
- It can fly for 20-25 minutes on a single charge using the included 5 200mAh lithium polymer (LiPo) battery. That is easily removable and contains intelligent circuitry and a charge remaining indicator built in.
- It provides battery capacity data, over-charge/discharge protection, as well as maintenance reminders making the battery extremely safe and reliable
- The gimbal is included but not installed. Installation takes 30-60 minutes. The GoPro camera is not included.
- It is greater in control and comes with the upgraded remote control comes with the following new features: gimbal control dial, trainer port, built-in rechargeable LiPo battery with power remaining indicators, and a handy throttle locking feature that holds the throttle stick in place when descending.
- The power is improved and new motors, propellers, and ESCs combine to give you greater power and control than ever before. You can load more equipment on your Phantom because of the extra 1.8 pounds of thrust delivered by this completely new propulsion system.
- Super fun to fly
- Easy to control.
- Decent and perfect for novice.
- No camera in the package.
- Cheaply built.
The 3DR solo quad copter is one of the best drone for GoPro and it is designed from the ground up as a companion to the Go Pro Hero. The Solo quad copter with gimbal from 3D robotics features aerial imaging, specific flight modes including the cable-cam mode and follow me.
It has a 3-axis stabilizer compatible with a Go Pro3 or Hero 4 action camera. It features dedicated dials for operating the solo gimbal.
- It has the solo video game style controller and you will feel the second you pick it up even if you have never flown a drone.
- The push button commands put both the camera and the copter at your fingertips. You can take off and land instantly or pause in midair with a single touch. Click to start and stop recording or snap a photo or even adjust the camera angle while you fly.
- It has a high quality HDMI port directly from the controller so you can connect solo to practically any screen you can think of.
- It has a full featured app for IOS and android puts total craft control at your fingertips.
- The drone is powered by the twin 1 GHz computers. With features like pushbutton flight and computer-assisted Smart Shots, Solo makes it easy for anyone to get professional aerial photos and video.
- Smart and helpful.
- Perfect features.
- Easy to fly.
- Hard to control.
- Poorly build.
- Unresponsive customer service.
This is one of the best drone for GoPro and will capture killer aerial video and images with your new F100 Ghost camera drone with 1080p HD drone camera. Just attach the F100 Action Camera to the convenient camera mount and away you go!
The drone is easy to fly you just press and hold the red button, turn on the remote and release the button to get ready or plug in the drone battery and listen for the beeps. Also, you can press down on the throttle then press the red button and away you go.
- It comes with a 1080p camera drone. It is detachable multi use HD drone camera captures crisp photos and videos.
- The maximum flight time is up to 15 minutes which is far more that nay drone with camera.
- The drone will fly up to 500 meters away and maintain 100% control over your F100Ghost GoPro drone on long distance.
- It comes with a bonus battery. The drone is able to cruise twice as long with this drone with video camera.
- It is a perfect gift for kids and adults. The 1080p action camera and GoPro compatible mount makes this a versatile HD drone with camera. It a great for holiday entertainment
- Fun to fly.
- Awesome camera.
- Good for beginners.
- Cheaply made.
- Hard to control.
The Brushless Motors RC drone is one of the best drone for GoPro. It is equipped with Gimbal Mount Adapter camera holder with anti-shock system for shock absorbance and can easily hold GoPro 2 3 3+ Camera.
It has beautiful LED Lights which aid in orientation and work beautifully for night flying. This quad copter has 2 operation modes for the beginner and advanced. However, even in beginner mode it’s very fast. If you are a beginner, practice more at low altitude.
- It has brushless motor with a backpack set for advanced motor technology which facilitates low friction between motor parts reducing heat production. It is extremely durable and energy efficient allowing longer battery life of up to 50%.
- The 2.4Gz two way communication and novel two way 2.4GHz transmitter enhances drone response and control. The high operating range of 300-500 meters for an adrenaline rush experience.
- It has a high capacity battery (included) with high capacity 1800mAh of power you can expect flights of 15-18 minutes on a single charge.
- The drone has a camera action slot. By attaching your own action cameras to capture HD images and videos and record your family activities for fun memories.
- It has a smart remote control alarm function. The transmitter buzzer receives voltage status of the drone and sends a beep sound once in low voltage.
- Easy to fly.
- Perfect camera.
- The battery life is short.
- Cheaply build.
Our Final Conclusion
What are the recommendations of the best drone for photography?
If you are looking for the best drone for GoPro, then, you can choose from the list above. We have looked at the best drones for photography that will help you capture amazing moments with ease. When a GoPro fits onto a drones gimbal that has a stellar pack that is enough to make the pilot get amazing views of the activities to be captured.
One key trait of the GoPro cameras is that they were designed to be in tow, work together and attached to devices like drones. Once you are equipped with a drone and use it together with a GoPro you will capture awesome shots within no time.
The fun fact is that you can use you GoPro with a drone which has a camera. The best plan it to choose a drone compatible with the GoPro technology.
The most powerful drone is: The GoPro Karma which comes with a gimbal that supports Hero5 image stabilization. You are able to have full control of the camera and the drone shoots perfect videos and captures amazing photos. Still, you can mount a Hero5 on 3DR solo quad copter.
The most preferred for a beginner is: The F100 Ghost Drone. This drone has brushless motors which ensures that it moves steadily remaining stable in the air with its perfect controls. This is an easy drone to control. It also flips to 360 degrees allowing you to capture amazing videos and photos.
So, if you want to capture awesome moments with friends and family, here you have a list to choose that will offer you compatibility and excellent value with GoPro cameras.